In order to facilitate the printing of ScanTrust Secure Codes, a calibration needs to be performed. Please allow ample time for the entire process.
The first essential steps to take prior to a calibration is to add the printer and the substrate you wish to print on. Calibrations are specific to the printer-substrate combination.
Adding an Equipment:
- log into Portal - you will arrive on the Company Info Screen
- click on the hamburger menu icon, in the upper-left corner of the window
- in the slide-out menu that appears, click on Printing Equipment under ScanTrust Enterprise
- in the Printing Equipment window, click the 'Add' button, it is in the upper right corner of the window
- the 'add new equipment' window will open
- fill in:
- the printing equipment short name
- the printing equipment long name
- the printing equipment location
- select the printing technology
- add the resolution of the equipment
- when everything is complete, click create
- you will be returned to the printing equipment home screen, where you can now see the printing equipment you just created
Associating the Substrate with the Printing Equipment
You have to associate the substrate with the printer with which you will later print the codes. It is very important to associate the correct substrate with the correct equipment. Please pay particular attention later, when there are multiples for each.
- click on the 'calibrate'-action-button of the printing equipment you wish to calibrate
- this will take you to the instructions window. Here, a general information summary of the calibration process can be found
- at the bottom of the page you will see the blue 'add substrates button'. Please click it.
- you should now have arrived in the 'Substrates and Proofsheets' window
- under 'add substrates to this equipment‘, click into the empty field
- in the drop-down menu, you can create a substrate. If you have substrates registered already, you could select the one you need and associate it with this printing equipment.
Once your printing equipment and the substrate are both set up. The next step of calibration will be downloading a proofsheet